Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fabulous Ferragamo

Hello friends!

Sorry, this is going to be brief and the details lacking, but no worries.

I toured the Ferragamo museum and I was so pleased with how informative it was. This month there is a special exhibition on Greta Garbo's relationship with Ferragamo. Her couture wardrobe was divine and there was a terrific shoe for each dress or coat or suit.


Greta's Ferragamo shoes.

There was even a bit about Beatrice Portinari. This inclusion seems random, but the Ferragmo falgship boutique encompasses an entire city block at a corner where the Via Tornabuoni vanishes into the Ponte Saint Trinita bridge. I didn't take a picture of the large Holiday painting at Ferragamo, but it seems that they quite like Beatrice.


A room full of couture Ferragamo looks worn by Greta Garbo.

My favorite part of this little museum was the final hallway of the exhibition, for it was adorned with photos of Salvatore with all of his limelight beauties. Greta Garbo, Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn are only a few from long list of famous starlets who would consider Ferragamo as kind of podiatrist; he has a classic, chic, professional answer to all matters of the feet! My favorites are always the signature ballerina flats with the bows.


Salvatore in a room with shoes molds for all of the famous ladies he makes shoes for.



Entrance to the museum. It is adjacent to the boutique. The sign looks like Ferragamo's shoe boxes.

Enjoy the Ferragamo photos!

I'm retiring for the evening. I need sleep after a terrific dinner and walk about Florence. I promise to catch up with photos as soon as possible. I hope you are all having a terrific Sunday.

B

6 comments:

  1. Big! It looks and sounds like a wonderful time your having and a dream of mine that I am living through you! I also wish I was there to experience it with you! Keep enjoying your time with your mom and the wonderful cities in Italy!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my lovely little sister. I was thinking of you today and I hope that everything is going well.

    I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I miss you so much and be sure to tell Pete and Deedee hello from me!

    And last but not least, (Hi Jonathan, Sir.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lala! Not that I don't feel the same about all your posts, but I knew I would adore this post just from the name :) I love Greta Garbo but I don’t know much about her personal life…I love to know that she had a special spot for Ferragamo. The picture of Salvatore with the shoe molds that belong to all those fabulous ladies…amazing! I’m about to check out the rest of your album.

    I said this in the comment I just wrote on your previous post…but in case you see this first, I’m sad I missed your calls! I can’t believe you!! From the looks of Momma K’s photo on FB, Venice is BREATHTAKING—I want to click my heels and be there with you! Have a wonderful time today, love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - look who's in Florence :) http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2010/05/on-streetpreparing-for-pitti-florence.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Scott heard about my photos and wanted to get his....

    That man is something else.. well, I have news for you, Mr. Sartorialist... I am way, way better at this game than you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous!!! I didn't even know there was a ferragamo museum. Its definitely on my "must see" list now!

    ReplyDelete