Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Torino

My father made a trip to Torino to see the Shroud of Turin. A subject of great controversy, the Shroud has been analyzed by researchers and scientists for centuries. I am not informed enough to provide a brief history of the debate that surrounds its existence and veneration, but I can offer a few links to articles and encourage others to read about it.

History Channel
Slideshow
Article

Vatican: Pope John Paul's Speech in Turin
Speech


The Shroud of Turin

I would include the Encyclopaedia Brittanica link, but unfortunately that requires everyone to have an online subscription.
He told me that pictures were not allowed, but he snuck a few in. He isn't exactly a photographer, so I am sorry about the poor quality. You can find higher quality pictures on The History Channel website if you are interested.





I have never visited Turin, so I am not exactly sure what some of these sites are. However, I am aware that there was an antique car show underway in front of many cafes in the piazza (and in front of an Hermes boutique).



Here is a link to the remaining photos (Photobucket Album):

Album

Hello to my twitter friends!
Becca, Ally, Coco, Raina, Raizie, Ouiser, Liz, Clementine, Peaches, Rachel, Britt, Kellie, Olive, QR, Nora, Bel, Betty, Jenn and Mog, Dearest Icy and to my ficsis Squally.

A special hello to my dear friends Arielle and Jonathan. I miss you both!

Love, B.

4 comments:

  1. viaggio sicuro, hon. I'm so excited to share this trip with you through your eyes. I'm sure it will be quite memorable.

    Be safe;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels darling!!! The pictures from your father's trip are amazing. Thank you for sharing them.

    And I must say again, I think your site is beautiful and very well done! Including the name. :) I am eagerly anticipating your updates.

    Missing you already.

    xoxo,
    Ouiser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow big! this is sooo good! I hope you had a safe flight and I love you so much! When you come back Jonathan and I want do to lunch so you can show us and tell us everything! We miss you!

    Love,
    Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I got a shout out in your blog! Thank You so much for sharing your journey with us! Have fun and travel safe!

    Love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete